8.08.2012

Trend To Try: Metallic Pants


I love a little sparkle and glitz in my wardrobe. Although, when metallic pants started to get some major press on both the runway and on European streets, I have to admit, I wasn’t the biggest fan. Maybe a bit too robotic for me?

However, the more that I have seen this trend become super hot, I’ve started to change my perspective. After much perusing on the Internet, I’ve decided that the only way that this look works is to keep everything else in your outfit super simple.


Here are some easy tips to pull of this mega-trend:


1. Wear a sold tee on top: To keep the sparkle in focus, pair your pants with a plain white
tee. If you need to dress it up a bit, opt for a neutral or black silk tank or blouse.


2. Keep the shoes to a minimal: Keep your kicks classic and monotone. Choose a muted
sky-high pump, classic ballet flat or basic sandal.


3. Avoid heavy jewelry: Stay away from over-accessorizing when pulling off this trend.
Choose a stud over elaborate earrings or a simple chain versus layered necklaces. If you
want a slightly bolder look, add one strong additional accessory only. 


{opt for a classic shoe & neutral tank}

{let the pants shine by pairing with a casual t-shirt}

{wear with basic jewelry and a simple oversized silk blouse}

{sport this trend with a minimal clutch, top or oxford shirt}

{a classic blazer and a sheer top let the pants stay in focus}

{pair with neutrals on both the top and bottom}

{classic cardigan, plain scarf and oversized sweater help to simplify the outfit}


{if looking for a bolder look, add one additional accessory, such as a hat. Then keep everything else to a minimal}


No comments:

Post a Comment