7.23.2012

Richard Nicoll X Topshop Bridal Collection

After months of anticipation, the Richard Nicoll for Topshop “Tie The Knot” bridal collection was released this week. These limited edition dresses are featured in white, cream and pink and range in price from $150 to $600.


When I first heard about this collaboration, I was excited and mostly intrigued as to what the mega-designer and British retailer were going to come up with together. However, when I finally viewed the collection, I have to admit, I was very disappointed. The line-up features a series of dresses that look more like slips and nighties, then bridal gowns and in my opinion, have a cheap overall appearance. Topshop, although not one of my favorite retailers, is one of the industries most wearable brands - although in this case, I think they totally missed the mark. 


Maybe I am traditional or a little old school, but I believe that some of these dresses should be saved for bed-time rather than for the formal occasion of a wedding, bridal shower, or cocktail party. Do you agree? Are you loving this collaboration or do you think it’s a flop? 


Les xo










No comments:

Post a Comment